Name:
Location: Mobo

Monday, March 21, 2005

Engaged and loving it...

It is truly rewarding when you can really have an impact on one persons life and even more so when you can inspire that person. And that is why I blog... The smiles, the laughter, the tears and now the marriage proposals. So recently my good friend Shawn (spelling changed to conceal his identity) had told me after reading one of my earlier blogs he was inspired. He was in fact moved and a bit frightened by the impact it had on his life. As he read the blog he realized he was wasting away waiting for a sign to give him reason to propose to his girl. And he looked at me, placed his left hand on my right shoulder and said in a serious tone with a hint of emotion, he said "Gil your words, your brilliant words have echoed in my brain for weeks and filled my heart with joy. They have brought me to tears and given me strength. And with that strength and your blessing I will ask the person I love second most in this world (first was me ofcourse or his deceased rabbit Georgie), I will ask that pain in the ass woman of mine to make an honest man out of me" And to that I said "Hey take it easy, you really are asking for a lot there. You are the most dishonest person I know, why don't you ask her something simple like to marry you...?" And with that simple suggestion, he went out bought a box of Cracker Jacks and took the prize from the inside and proposed marriage to his girl Kristy (spelling may be wrong). After he pleaded, begged and slipped her some Spanish fly she agreed to his terms. SO WITH MY DEEPEST REGRET, I SAY LADIES AND GENTLEMEN RAISE YOUR GLASSES (SPILL A LITTLE OUT FOR MY BOYS WHO PASSED AWAY) AND LETS WISH OUR BEST TO THE FUTURE SHAWN AND KRISTY LABARBIERIE
The preceding blog based on a true story
(some details of the story may have been altered for dramatic effect)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home