A Real Sport
Ever since I was a kid I was told soccer is a sissy sport.... Now I loved playing soccer and so maybe I am biased but the bottom line is soccer is the most loved and watched and played sport in the world or atleast earth. And sure it may be easy to criticize the sport when you don't play and understand because that is what people do. But I think not only is soccer a sport that takes a lot of skill but it is a sport that you risk physical injury by playing and more so you risk your life by going to the game as a fan. Let's be honest how many sports to they need a small police force in riot gear to keep the players safe from the home teams fans...
My point is I am tired of the old school American attitude that I heard all the time growing up... We as a country must start accepting that there is a great big world out there that is not the USA and that world may have something to offer us... Like soccer hooligans, or the Brazilian wax, and ofcourse pizza, oh and let's not forget those great latin girls with all their attitude, oh and tacos and well I will stop here, you get the point.
My point is I am tired of the old school American attitude that I heard all the time growing up... We as a country must start accepting that there is a great big world out there that is not the USA and that world may have something to offer us... Like soccer hooligans, or the Brazilian wax, and ofcourse pizza, oh and let's not forget those great latin girls with all their attitude, oh and tacos and well I will stop here, you get the point.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home