So much potential...
There was a time in life where all I would here is "you have so much potential if you just applied yourself.." As I sit here trying to figure out when did that line turn into... "damn your old, and your not getting younger." I mean when I was young, I was kinda smart, skinny, personable, happy and filled with potential to accomplish great things. Now I am old, fat, hairy(in all the wrong places), slow witted and living at home. I can't lie, I know people always told me "things aren't going to just fall in your lap, you have to go out there and do something" but I never believed them. I truly believed I was blessed and something great would just fall into my lap. Well I guess I was wrong. I truly discovered this in the last week when drinking at our Bonfire party and this cute young girl looked at me in terror and shock when I told her how old I am. It was a truly honest moment, forcing me to accept that the change has fully occurred. The switch from being described as having youthful exuberance and being full of potential----- to being old useless, wasting away with a little bit of hope left and lots of pity. But I will not go gentle into that good night... yes my dear friends, I plan on (eventually) raging into the dying of the light.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home